Friday, September 10, 2010

Rule of law:a concise summary of the main precedent established. Support with quotes form the book

I understand that “Patent applicants typically are independent inventors who choose to build and distribute their own interventions…” (Patent, Copyright, Trademark Richard Stim, 98) I will use that if I were to create a toy or clothing line if my character or animation becomes popular and I want to start distributing it. I have some knowledge of patents but I know that copyrights are what artist deal with the most out of everything. “A collective mark is a symbol, label, word, phrase or other mark used by members of a group of organization to identify goods members produce or services they render.” (Patent, Copyright, Trademark Richard Stim, 387) To design my company for animation I will have to create a unique name or logo to identify ourselves. I know that “…when a work is first entitled to copyright protection- that is, when it is first ‘created’. “ (Patent, Copyright and Trademark Richard Stim, 228) I will know that all of my art pieces are protected when they are first created but it is up to me to keep them protected. It is very important that “Registration is mandatory before a copyright infringement action can be filed in court.” (Patent, Copyright and Trademark Richard Stim, 221) to have in mind in case I get into a situation where I find someone not following my copyrights. “ The reason for acquiring permission is to avoid a lawsuit.” (Patent, Copyright and Trademark Richard Stim, 282) I know that this will be very important because I don’t ever want to get sued especially chasing a large corporation that maybe stole my design. “To design or build a device or process that is similar to but doesn’t infringe on invention protected by a patent…” (Patent, Copyright and Trademark Richard Stim, 52) My design can be designed around like different technological gadgets today.

No comments:

Post a Comment