Friday, September 17, 2010

Eoc Week 10: Robert Kearns

My thoughts on Robert Kearns are that he had given up so much to fight Ford for stealing his invention. After finding out that it took him 12 years to finally settle it, I think that takes great dedication but as if commenting suicide. To put up a battle with a powerful company is like facing a bull head on. I think that losing his family to protect his invention of the windshield wiper is a great sacrifice that many people would never do. To me he is not a hero but a man jumping off the edge of the world to prove a point.
I think that the movie is a fantasy of what they wanted Robert Kearns to be like in the end after he had won the case. Hearing that he was nothing like that and a real ass in reality I believe the stress of what had happen may have had a contribution to the way he started to act. Since the issue took years to finally come to a close, it can change someone for good. In the end I think Ford should have never stole Robert Kearns’ idea in the first place. Maybe his life would have been perfect with his wife and kids. He would be living happy and stress free. His family wouldn’t have to face the hardships with him obsessing about getting his invention to be proven that it was made by him. The car company had their own engineers working on the idea of the windshield wiper that would pause in between but I they figured they would steal a regular citizens idea instead. I think Ford thought Robert Kearns wouldn’t fight them and simple give up because he had no power. He was a nobody, until he started to take action against the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment