Friday, September 10, 2010

Legal Authority: How I made contact, found this person and why they are a good choice.

On lawyers.com I found my match of a lawyer that I interviewed. I knew that the lawyer I choose was not a fake because all “…attorneys must be licensed to practice law…” (Patent, Copyright and Trademark Richard Stim, 100) The lawyer I found was very helpful. She was nothing like how I would have expected a lawyer to be like. I thought she was very different from other lawyers. I contacted her through phone and at first I had to set up an appointment to talk to her, as she was very busy at the time. So I agreed and I set up a time to talk to her. When I had my talk with her, she was very polite and didn’t seem to be annoyed at anything I asked. She was very straight forward with her answers. Many of my questions had to deal with being an artist. “It must be original- that is, the author must have created rather than copied…” (Patent, Copyright and Trademark Richard Stim, 190) I think that all artist shouldn’t be afraid of incorporating an idea that has been done because nothing is new these days. I think she was a good choice because she made time to talk to me and was very informative with my questions. It seem to me like she maybe have had done something like this in the past so she was willing to help a student. Although it was just two phone call, I think my lawyer did a great first impression unlike the other numbers I have dialed and received just voicemail and no call backs. In the end she told me good luck with my work and to call again if I ever do need a lawyer, which I thought, was funny a thing to end the conversation with.

No comments:

Post a Comment