Friday, July 23, 2010

EOC Week 2: What do you think of lawyers?

Although I haven’t met any lawyers as of yet, as of right now I have no thoughts on whether or not I may like them or not. Viewing them from television shows and movies I have an understanding that they are in it for the money and I sometimes wonder if they really do want to help their clients. Hearing from others who have had to deal with a lawyer, they say that some may not be that great. I also notice that to get a good lawyer you have to pay a huge amount of money. So now I ponder on the thought that the only way for a lawyer to truly help you win your case is that you have to pay them lots of greens. If the lawyer is well known and there is a 95% chance you’ll win the case then I can understand a bit at why he may cost so much. Although, I say that if the lawyer lowered his price then he can help many people out there in the world then just those with the big checks. I notice from the media that lawyers are hated, I don’t dislike them I just believe that if they are trying to defend someone who is truly guilty, they are doing their job and trying to help them even though they shouldn’t win. If I had to pin point my choice of a lawyer I wouldn’t want a lawyer who is in it for just the money, I would want them to take a chance too. I may not be able to afford a good lawyer but I would like them to try their best in winning the case. I wouldn’t want someone who will only work depending on the amount of pay they receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment